Provide physician services consistent with hospice and palliative care philosophy. Consult with attending physicians and hospice staff as requested so that pain and symptom management for patients is effectively and expeditiously accomplished. Our Medical Directors participate in the following:
In-patient Care Center (ICC)-- Provide oversight for all medical aspects of The Denver Hospice’s Care Center, including, but not limited to: rounding on all general inpatient level patients daily.
o Home Visits-- Make home visits to selected patients to provide consultations to attending physicians and nursing staff.
o In-patient Hospital Palliative Care Consultations (PIC)-- Provide consultation in palliative care, symptom management and supportive care for the patient to meet the general medical needs of the patient. . Facilitate clarification of patient and family goals of care. Provide second opinion regarding need for hospice care with official certification provided by Hospice Medical Director
o Inter-Disciplinary Team Participation (IDT) —Provide excellent communication and collaboration as part of IDT team and with allied health providers and Physician colleagues.
· MD or Do Board-certified in Internal Medicine for Family Medicine
· 3+ years experience in Hospice and Palliative Care preferred
· Board-certified or eligible for board certification in Hospice/Palliative medicine preferred
· Clinical experience in end-of life care
· Completion of Palliative Care fellowship highly preferred
· Unrestricted DEA registration
Since 1978, The Denver Hospice has been a leader in hospice and palliative care. We offer a range of services to patients and families in...