Academic - Head of Surgical Pathology Opportunity in Greenville, NC
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine of the Brody School of Medicine is currently seeking a full-time fixed term or tenure track faculty member to serve as Head of Surgical Pathology .
• Provide clinical service
• Opportunity for research collaboration
• Approximately 21,000 surgical and 7,500 cytology cases including 1,000 fine needle aspirates
• Cytopathology and surgical pathology fellowship programs
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Minimum of 4-5 years of experience
• Expertise in dermatopathology, neuropathology, or gynecologic pathology
• Record of scholarly publications and presentations
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Greenville/Pitt County, NC:
• One of the fastest growing urban centers in the state with a population of 85,000
• 85 miles east of Raleigh and 85 miles west of the beautiful North Carolina coastline
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU) which ranks third largest of public institutions in North Carolina
• ECU Brody School of Medicine established in 1977
• ECU School of Dental Medicine established in 2011
• Division I Conference USA athletics
• Nationally recognized arts, theater and music entertainment for the entire family
• Offers a desirable climate with mild winters and all four seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
• Extensive Parks & Recreation Department which offers 25 parks, a 3 ½ mile greenway, an outdoor amphitheater and a dynamic schedule of camps and classes suitable for all ages
• Named “Sportstown USA” city in NC by Sports Illustrated magazine
• Provides diverse and affordable housing options and excellent schools (public and private)
• Numerous shopping and dining opportunities including national chains and unique, locally-owned stores and restaurants
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
PracticeLink.com - 30 days ago
Vidant Health is made up of 10 hospitals, physician practices, home health, hospice, wellness centers and other health care services. The...