Hospitalist - Long Island, NY
Program Overview/Job Description:
- Flexible Scheduling
- Established Program Since 2003
- 1-3 swing shifts per month
- 17 shifts per month
- 12 Hour Shifts
- Hospitalists are part of Brookhaven’s Stroke Team
- Admitting medical and surgical patients 16 years of age and older (adult).
- Coordinating with patient’s PCP, hospital, and/or health plan for all ancillary services related to inpatient episode and all discharge planning needs.
- Providing medical coordination and inpatient utilization management for surgical patients.
- Open ICU-Hospitalists admit patients to ICU however are not required to do procedures. Intensivists available for consultation.
- No Call Environment
- Electronic Billing System
- Competitive Compensation-eligible for quality and productivity bonuses.
- Benefits to include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), CME Allowance, Malpractice Insurance, Tail Coverage and more.
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine
- Eligible to work in the United States. No Visa sponsorship available.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills.
PracticeLink.com - 17 months ago
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center is an acute-care facility with more than 300 beds that serves patients primarily in Suffolk...