Neuro-oncology Opportunity in Greenville, NC-New Cancer Tower
Vidant Medical Group and Leo W. Jenkins Cancer Center are seeking a BE/BC Neuro-oncologist as part of a cancer care network expansion. Candidates with medical oncology or neurology backgrounds will be considered, and neuro-oncology fellowship training is required. The Cancer Care Network features a multidisciplinary, patient centered neuroscience team including neurosurgery, radiation oncology, medical oncology, neuro-oncology and pathology.
The Leo W. Jenkins Cancer Center provides outpatient cancer treatment services on the medical campus of Vidant Medical Center and the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Through clinical trials cancer patients have access to the latest, most promising treatments. The expert staff at Leo W. Jenkins Cancer Center is a resource for patients wanting to learn how to manage their illness and take advantage of services available close to home.
- Established Cancer Center
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a level 1 trauma center
- Large medical campus with state-of-the-art equipment including new radiation therapy equipment, a recently upgraded Gamma Knife, and a Cyber Knife
- Large neurosurgery service which performs over 1400 cases annually
- A full spectrum of radiology services with nine neuro-radiologists
- A planned new 96-bed tower which will serve as the hub of Vidant Cancer Care’s regional care and will provide excellence in care at Vidant Medical Center
- The new tower will provide both inpatient and outpatient cancer services
- Estimated at a cost of $182 million, the facility will be designed to enhance efficiency of care delivery and improve patient experiences
Vidant Medical Group is a multispecialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health. Currently Vidant Medical Group employs over 350 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in NC, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is an 871-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Greenville/Pitt County, NC:
- One of the fastest growing urban centers in the state with a population of 85,000
- 85 miles east of Raleigh and 85 miles west of the beautiful North Carolina coastline
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU) which ranks third largest of public institutions in North Carolina
- Nationally recognized arts, theater and music entertainment for the entire family
- Offers a desirable climate with mild winters and all four seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Extensive Parks & Recreation Department which offers 25 parks, a 3 ½ mile greenway, an outdoor amphitheater and a dynamic schedule of camps and classes suitable for all ages.
- Provides diverse and affordable housing options and excellent schools (public and private)
- Numerous shopping and dining opportunities including national chains and unique, locally-owned stores and restaurants
PracticeLink.com - 2 years ago