Hospice and Palliative Care Medical Director
Vidant Medical Group is seeking Family Medicine or Internal Medicine with subspecialty in geriatrics and/or ABIMS board certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine or completion of a fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine is preferred.
Vidant Health has a strong history and track record of serving the community and patients with hospice, palliative care and advanced care planning. This position will serve as the Medical Director and physician leader of Vidant Hospice and Palliative Care including inpatient and outpatient care, support by five APP’s, additional MD’s and an interdisciplinary team of RN’s, Social Workers, and Chaplains. The team provides hospice patient care in homes and in our free-standing inpatient unit, and conducts palliative care in all settings.
- Palliative Care Consult Service with nearly 125 new consults per month by Advanced Practice Providers
- 18-bed Palliative Care Unit including a new accepting service
- 8-bed Freestanding Inpatient Hospice House with an occupancy rate of 87% in the past year and breaking 100% in recent months
- Vidant Home Health & Hospice agency’s Home Hospice services with Average Daily Census of 60-70 in a 13-county service area
- New development of Outpatient Palliative Care Service
- Minimal Medical Director support for the Home Health services
- Electronic Medical Record (EHR) experience a plus
- 19 months ago - save job