Pulmonary/Critical Care Opportunity - Greenville NC
The Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at East Carolina University seeks a board certified or board eligible pulmonary/critical care specialists to join its academic group.
Candidates graduating from a fellowship program interested in pursuing a clinical or translational path in academic medicine are encouraged to apply.
- Rank commensurate with qualifications, tenure track or fixed term appointment
- Positions exist for clinician educators with a clinician scientist pathway
- Collaborative opportunities exist with basic science departments including Physiology & Immunology, with scientist involved in animal models of asthma, environmental disease and sarcoidosis
- Division clinically productive, highly respected and actively involved in training of medical students, residents and pulmonary/critical care fellows
- Division in a robust growth phase, fueled by expansion
- Added emphasis on translational research, including large clinical base and a lung biology group
- 24-bed Medical ICU
- 8-bed Respiratory Intermediate Unit
- Vidant Medical Center is Ranked one of the top 50 teaching hospitals in the US
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 871-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Greenville , NC
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. 85,000) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
- Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
- ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
- Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
- Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
- Division I Conference USA- football, basketball and baseball teams
- Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
- 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
- Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
- 2 years ago - save job