Under the supervising physician provides efficient, cost-effective, quality outpatient care in accordance with established rules and regulations defining the physician assistant scope of practice. Functions as an extension of the physician in diagnosing and treating patient conditions by performing tasks or a combination of tasks traditionally performed by the physician. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires current registration with the Medical Licensing Board of Indiana and current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- New PA graduates have one year from date of graduation to obtain certification.
- Requires current CPR certification.
- ACLS certification may be required based on department specialty.
- Requires professional knowledge and application skills for patient diagnosis and treatment.
- Requires ability to educate and counsel patients and families on medications; diseases; treatment plans; procedures; and preventive health care.
- Experience in primary care clinical medicine; obtained through an employee setting or from a clinical preceptorship; is preferred.
- Requires four years of education beyond the secondary level resulting in a bachelor's degree and which includes graduation from a two to four year physician assistant training program approved by the Medical Licensing Board of Indiana.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 9 months ago