Provides patient care assistance in a clinic or hospital setting in one or more specialized areas under the direction of a primary care physician.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
1. Conducts complex, standardized patient care procedures which require experience and specialized training which would otherwise be performed by a physician but which do not constitute the practice of medicine.
2. Assesses patient's medical complaints and provides appropriate treatment.
3. Assists in collecting patient histories and provides guidance.
4. Performs physical examinations and provides care under the supervision of a physician.
5. Orders appropriate laboratory tests and interprets the laboratory data.
6. Monitors the treatment program of the patient to inform the attending physician of pertinent medical information.
7. Provides guidance and instruction in preventive health care to patients.
8. Prepares chart documentation for review and counter signature by the physician.
9. Prepares and cares for supplies and equipment.
10. Responds to emergency situations.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Call via phone only (minimal voume)
Clinic 3 days per week
Outpatient Surgery 2 days per week (first assist)
Bachelor's or Master's degree from a Physician Assistant program, approved by the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association (AMA).
National Certification Examination. Proficient in the use of medical and surgical instruments and equipment required by work.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 24 months ago
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...