Provides patient care assistance in a clinic or hospital setting in one or more specialized areas under the direction of a primary care physician
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Bl Assesses patient's medical complaints and provides appropriate treatment.
2. Assists in collecting patient histories and room patients.
3. Orders appropriate laboratory tests.
4. Monitors the treatment program of the patient to inform the attending physician of pertinent medical information.
5. Provides guidance and instruction in preventive health care to patients.
6. Prepares chart documentation for review and counter signature by the physician.
7. Assists in surgery.
Bachelor's or Master's degree from a Physician Assistant program, approved by the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association (AMA).
National Certification Examination. Proficient in the use of medical and surgical instruments and equipment required by work.
Bilingual spanish speaking a plus
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 15 months ago