Responsible for provision of comprehensive primary care services in a primary medical care, ambulatory clinic setting, and in Health care for the Homeless facilities. Works independently and interdependently with other clinic providers.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Provision of comprehensive primary care services for all ages in a primary medical care ambulatory clinic setting, and in Health care for the Homeless facilities. The incumbent works independently and interdependently with other HealthPoint providers which include MDs, NPs, Naturopathic Physicians, visiting specialists, Massage Therapists and Acupuncturists.
- Provide care consistent with evidence based medicine.
- Provide consultation to other clinic providers either in person or by telephone.
- Consult with clinic physicians, specialists, or other health care professionals as appropriate.
- Assess patient needs for specialty referrals, diagnostic and in-patient care and make appropriate referrals for service.
- Participate in a shared call system with other providers.
- Assist with meeting clinic patient care team productivity and quality care standards.
- Participate in development and utilization of HealthPoint practice guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in audits, and meet standards of HealthPoint Quality Improvement, Risk Management and Utilization Management programs.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation in patient records and superbills.
- Perform minor outpatient procedures in accordance with the scope of practice and HealthPoint credentialing policy.
- Maintenance of credentials essential for practice, to include licensure, certification and CME.
- Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit. Verify and document that the patient understands diagnosis, treatment and follow up recommendations.
- Dispense medications from on site dispensary in accordance with HealthPoint and State ofWashington Pharmacy Boardpolicies.
Licenses or Certificates
- Graduate from an accredited physician assistant or nurse practitioner program, and
- five years experience certification as a physician assistant or nurse practitioner in a family practice clinic setting.
- Washington State Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner license
HealthPoint CHC - 13 months ago