Certified Physician Assistant position available for large multi-specialty, multiple locations, private practice located in the beautiful coastal plain of Eastern North Carolina. University community with unlimited recreational opportunities and high quality of life conditions. Prior Urgent Care experience required. Excellent salary and benefits.
Provides professional medical care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids. Reports to Director of Clinical Services. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic/hospital environment.
1. Assist with admissions, consults, daily visits and discharges.
2. Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients.
3. Reviews patient records.
4. Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
5. Performs a complete physical exam and records findings.
6. Establishes presumptive diagnosis.
7. Order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
8. Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
9. Administers injections, immunizations and oral medications.
10. Sutures wounds.
11. Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
12. Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention.
13. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
14. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
15. Provides patient education.
16. Assists physicians by recording patient progress notes, issues diagnostic orders and transcribe orders.
17. Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
18. Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
19. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
20. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
21. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
22. Maintains patient confidentiality.
23. Performs related work as required.
24. Assist with admissions, consults, daily visits and discharges.
25. Utilizes practice/hospital guidelines and standardized procedures in collaboration with the supervising physician(s) in providing medical care to patients. Maintains certifications.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Graduate of an accredited program and licensed in North Carolina.
Physicians East is dedicated to providing comprehensive health care to residents of eastern North Carolina. It's our motto and desire.