Under the direct supervision of the supervising physician, assesses Mountain GI Associates patients and prescribes/delivers medical care. Ideally will evaluate new patients and manage post-surgical and non-operative care as well as surgical assisting. Performs focused case management activities by prescribing and rendering care. collaborates with WestCare employees and other providers; is accountable for process development/improvement and professional conduct.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered, commensurate with experience.
The duties described herein are minimum and standards and may be modified to meet the changing needs of the patient and WestCare Health System at any time.
Must hold valid Certification by the North Carolina Medical Board to practice as a Physicians Assistant-certified (PA-C) having met all requirements.
Ideal candidates will have surgical experience and be proficient in the evaluation of new patients, managing post-surgical and non-operative care as well as surgical assisting.
1. Ability to lift and move at least 40 pounds.
2. Ability to see colors.
3. Ability to hear and distinguish heart, lung, and bowel sounds.
4. Ability to reach overhead and grasp objects.
5. Ability to remain calm, continue to function effectively and develop priorities during stressful situations.
6. Ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal media.
7. Ability to move and operate equipment.
8. Manual dexterity adequate to keypunch data on a keyboard.
1. Potential exposure to patient who may be physically or verbally abusive.
2. Potential exposure to communicable diseases and hazardous materials.
3. This position requires the use of personal protective equipment during patient and equipment related activities.
4. Occasionally be exposed to noises and unpleasant odors.