• Physician Assistant license in state(s) with jurisdiction over practice location with identified primary supervising physician.
• National certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
• DEA license (if applicable).
• BLS/PALS/NRP (if applicable).
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from an accredited physician assistant program.
• If Bachelor's degree, minimum 2 years Neonatology experience required. If Master's degree, Neonatology experience preferred.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Provides clinical management for a caseload of sick neonates under direction of attending neonatologist in the CHOP and/or HUP NICU. Includes assessment, development of plan, implementation (writing orders, performing procedures), evaluation and documentation. May be involved in patient transport. Provides education and support to families of assigned patients. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team on plans of care. Provides staff education and clinical consultation to the interdisciplinary team.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 14 months ago