Works with Neurosurgery Physician(s), aiding with patient evaluation, including completion of patient histories, physical examinations and consultations. Assists with neurosurgical procedures under the supervision of the primary Neurosurgeon. Participates in the coordination of discharge planning with all members of the healthcare team and acts as a resource for Case Management. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MGUH/MMMC's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Completion and graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- PA certification.
- District of Columbia and Maryland licensure.
- 3-5 years neurosurgical experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Phlebotomy skills required.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Neurology, Neurological, Stroke, Neuroscience, Nerve, Brain, Nervous System, Head, Headache, PA, Physician Assistant, AAPA, American Academy of Physician Assistants, AMA, American Medical Association
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...