The Medical Staff Liaison, using his/her knowledge of Schumacher Group policies in conjunction with Client Credentialing and Privileging policies, facilitates hospital privileging on behalf of all Schumacher Group applicants by appropriately directing the Provider, Hospital Medical Staff Coordinator or Credentials Verification Organization during the application process. The Medical Staff Liaison thoroughly researches the backgrounds of all clinical applicants and works in collaboration with Regional Management, Corporate Director of Medical Staff Services and Risk Management to ensure qualified providers are delivering quality care to patients; thereby, minimizing the risk of bad patient outcomes and potential litigation against the Company. Additionally, the Medical Staff Liaison is responsible for working with the CPEC Specialist and Provider to ensure the Provider Agreement and Provider Enrollment documents are sent, received and processed timely. The Medical Staff Liaison directly impacts the financial stability of the company by ensuring timely privileging and reappointment at hospital clients to meet the scheduling needs and through effective and efficient provider enrollment facilitation with the CPEC Specialist. The Medical Staff Liaison is generally based in the regional office offering a local presence to nurture internal and external client relations.
- PROVIDER ADVOCATE
- Facilitates the procurement of provider documents required to associate him/her with a Schumacher Group client hospital, including the hospital medical staff application, abbreviated provider enrollment packet, provider agreement and any other collaborative or supervisory paperwork that might be required if the provider is a midlevel. Additionally, they send and track the EMTALA and Corporate Compliance information by provider.
- Operates as the medical staff office liaison to the SG Hospital client and/or Credentials Verification Organization on behalf of the provider.
- Facilitates the hospital privileging process:
- Completes the hospital application for the physician as much as possible prior to sending out
- Verifies medical license and state narcotic license, if applicable
- Queries the National Practitioner Data Bank
- Queries AMA – Primary Source Verification
- Queries OIG
- Verifies Certification Status, if applicable
- Obtains written documentation on any disciplinary actions noted on application from the appropriate agency
- Requests insurance certificates for each facility where physician will be assigned
- Coordinates provider review with Risk Management as needed
- Prepares summary of findings and hospital medical staff application and presents to hospital client in consideration of privileging
- Responsible for tracking application process until approval has been granted at each facility and provides written report to appropriate departments
- Maintains current documents on all physicians by sending out monthly expiration notices and updates data base with updated information
- Facilitates timely reappointments
- PATIENT ADVOCATE/RISK MANAGEMENT
- The Medical Staff Liaison is Schumacher Group’s gatekeeper. Credentialing exists to serve the patient and our Medical Staff Liaisons never lose sight of this principle. Providers will treat the patients who present to the Emergency Department at a Schumacher Group client hospital. In an effort to ensure quality care is delivered to our patients, the Medical Staff Liaison thoroughly references and researches the provider’s background before presenting to the hospital client for privileging purposes.
- MEDICAL STAFF OFFICE/CREDENTIALS VERIFICATION ORGANIZATION ADVOCATE
- Obtains provider specific contact information, such as name of contact, phone, fax and address for references, previous educational institutions and places of employment/affiliation, to ensure medical staff office has accurate and sufficient information to use to timely produce their verification letters.
- Responds quickly to hospital’s needs at all times, particularly as they undergo Joint Commission and Medicare audits.
- Notifies facility, in writing, of provider changes and updates Sales Force accordingly.
- SCHUMACHER GROUP REGIONAL ADVOCATE
- Strategizes with Schumacher Group Regional Team Members, including the RMO, Nurse Liaison, RVP, Recruiter and Provider Coverage Coordinator to facilitate the provider paperwork process in a manner consistent with scheduling needs.
- Strategizes with Provider Enrollment Manager to prevent a provider’s paycheck from being held due to outstanding documents needed to successfully enroll providers in third party payors.
- Oversees the Schumacher Group process to ensure no herald events are encountered.
- Maintains report on and keeps abreast of current requirements required at each facility
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date data and status on all physicians and provides weekly report to appropriate parties
- Creates permanent physician files
- Accurately keys all new physician data into physician database, i.e.: licenses, certification, SS#, medical school, etc
- Maintains a high degree of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality in dealing with employees, and external customers.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Experience in or working with a hospital medical staff office is preferred.
Schumacher Group provides competitive benefits and salaries to its employees and is committed to employee development and workplace satisfaction.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Professional Medical Services Manager (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentials Specialist (CPCS) certifications are helpful and encouraged. SG promotes the attainment of the CPCS and CPMSM certifications as they are viewed by Medical Staff Professionals in the industry as individuals who are knowledgeable about the Credentialing area.
- Reasoning Ability:
- High Skills: Possesses critical thinking skills, takes accountability, uses initiative, takes risks, thinks strategically, promotes changes, uses good judgment, seeks guidance as needed and has the ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Our current offerings, which may vary by employment status, location, and/or division, include:
Schumacher Group is committed to excellent medicine, excellent service, and excellent business, all to be accomplished with excellent character. We make ongoing investments in our most valuable asset, our people, through continuous learning and development. We also support and encourage participation in a variety of community and charitable events.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Basic and Supplemental Employee Life Insurance
- Supplemental Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan with a Company match
- Additional Voluntary Benefits such as Cancer Insurance, Critical Assist, Medical Gap Coverage, and Accident Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Wellness assessment and activities
The above list is a general listing of benefits that promote healthy living and work-life balance. Benefits may differ based on employment status, location, and division.
- 23 months ago - save job