If you are concerned with the uncertainty of the Health Care Reform, allow Corizon, to shield you from the potential negative impact to your career and you.
We are interested in physician executives who have a proven background in Physician Leadership and Utilization Management. If you are currently Board Certified or Board prepared in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Public Health or Occupational Medicine and are seeking an opportunity absent of bureaucracy which will afford you the opportunity to add value to the organization, offer upward mobility, autonomy and security this may be the option you have been seeking.
Corizon is searching nationwide for a Physician Executive/Medical Director for our current opening in S tate of New Mexico.
Regional Medical Director’s are primarily accountable for quality and cost of medical care provided to inmates throughout the assigned region. Our Regional Medical Director's collaborate with the Vice Presidents of Operations to develop long lasting client partnerships by delivering cost effective care.
Specific Areas of Responsibilities include:
- Process improvement including leading a team of physicians addressing compliance with clinical quality indicators and UM programs specific to the contract requirements and adherence to corporate UM and clinical quality policies and procedures.
- Client relations and retention
- People and talent management
- Supervise and mentor Site Medical Directors and Associate Regional Medical Directors in UM and QI tool, techniques and processes.
- Defining and analyzing monthly utilization and cost trends for the area using corporate data
- Innovative thinking and process management
- Collaboration and communication with the regional and departmental colleagues
- Professional Client Centered partnerships
- Develops and Enhance Team expertise
- Facilitate change and take action
Heavy and successful background in Utilization Management a must.
Must possess or be eligible for a license in the state of New Mexico and a current DEA registration.
Must be board certified; board prepared, or qualified by the state laws/regulations to practice medicine.
Must have clinical experience in Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Public Health, or Occupational Medicine and have current BLS certification.
Experience in healthcare administration preferred.
Corizon, Inc. - 23 months ago
Prison inmates can't really shop around for health plans, but depending on where they are held, they may have access to Correctional...