More About HCA.....
- For a fifth consecutive year HCA has earned national recognition as one of the best workplaces for information technology professionals. HCA ranked No. 42 on
’s 2013 "Best Places to Work in Information Technology" list of 100 companies.
Summary of Duties
- HCA has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
The Physician Support Coordinator serves as the primary HCA IT&S contact point for physicians and physician offices. Primary responsibilities include the establishment and ongoing management of relationships with physicians and their office staff, coordination of implementation, training, support, and ongoing maintenance of all HCA systems deployed to physicians and their offices. The Physician Support Coordinator serves as a core member of the clinical applications team and works with the Division Clinical Application Services Team to ensure that physicians are supported in their interactions with HCA facilities and patients. A Physician Support Coordinator may be dedicated to a specific facility or may operate across a geographic zone and serve multiple facilities.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
- Establishes and manages physician and physician office relationships
- Assists in implementation and support of all systems deployed to physicians and physician offices, including the PCI module of the CPCS system, including updates to those systems
- Installs and supports IT&S-type equipment and software per HCA and division IT&S standards and guidelines, focusing on products we provide to support the physician community. Performs preventative maintenance.
- Trains physicians, extenders, and physician office staff on software and processes
- Acts as an advocate for physicians and staff needs
- Monitors and communicates trends and issues that may affect administration/physician relationships
- Coordinates physician and physician office service requests and incident resolutions through the Division Service Desk. Reviews problem tracking databases.
- Analyzes and provides hands-on support for moderate to complex inquiries. Determines appropriate technical area or vendor to resolve the problem and coordinates with other technical areas, as needed.
- Responsible for the establishment, appropriate access, and auditing of physician, practitioner, and associated staff personnel in usage of HCA systems
- Ensures that paperwork for system access and confidentiality is completed and on file
- Provides physician technology support to both facility-based physicians and Outpatient Services physicians
- Tracks, monitors, and enhances physician usage
- Customizes base education material provided by the Division Clinical Specialist Team to reflect facility or physician-specific needs
- Recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of equipment and software
- Assists in testing physician-related systems for facility-specific requirements
- Works with the Division Clinical Specialist Team to develop and deploy best practices in physician support
- Helps orient the Sales and Marketing departments to the physician base and their offices and specific operations that may affect how marketing is performed with specific physicians
- Serves in liaison role for all new physician-related applications
- Attends physician office manager meetings and conducts presentations
- Participates in CPCS market meetings and/or user group meetings
- Serves as a member of the CPCS (Meditech) core team and may perform as a super user
- Establishes and maintains affiliated physician group listings in HCA systems to ensure physicians have access to appropriate patient data
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Provides on-call support as needed.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
- Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of physician needs and practice patterns and workflow in hospitals
- Ability to understand how systems are used by physicians in the course of their practice
- Knowledge of HCA physician applications such as Meditech PCI module
- Understands pertinent JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA and ACR guidelines
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Prior experience supporting clinical applications with physicians
- Customer service orientation and/or training
- Experience in basic PC troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in a hospital based clinical care giving environment
- Experience in using clinical information systems
- Possession/ Maintenance of specialty clinical licensure is strongly desired. Valid state
HCA Inc - 30+ days ago