Physicist – Radiation Safety (S-3)
Brookhaven National Laboratory is a nonprofit research and development institution whose purpose is to advance ideas and knowledge through a multidisciplinary program of basic and applied research. The Environmental Satety and Health Division in the Photon Sciences Directorate currently has a full-time opportunity for a Radiation Physicist.
- Identification of radiological hazards, and the implementation of mitigation measures such as radiation shielding design, engineered safety systems and operational practices
- Present information, ideas and proposals to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Provide radiological expertise, guidance, support and leadership to Directorate management and staff to ensure safe operation of the PSD facilities.
- PhD and a minimum of 5 years experience in the radiation safety field.
- A demonstrated record of effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, and employees at all levels of an organization.
- Experience in effectively presenting information, ideas, and proposals to stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Familiarity with electron accelerators and synchrotron radiation facilities.
- Familiarity with the design features and operations of a high energy accelerator that affect the potential for exposures of persons to radiation.
- Proficiency in the radiological considerations of high-energy accelerators, particularly shielding design and safety systems.
- Strong interpersonal and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Technological competence and experience in the identification of radiological hazards, and the implementation of mitigation measures such as radiation shielding design engineered safety systems and operational practices.
Please apply to Job ID# 16254.
- At least 10-15 years of radiation protection experience at a high energy accelerator.
- Familiarity with DOE accelerator radiation safety requirements and Monte Carlo simulations such as MCNPX or FLUKA.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
• Medical Plans
• Dental Plans
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
• Retirement Plan
• On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
BNL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the development of a diverse workforce.
Brookhaven National Laboratory - 15 months ago
It takes a lot of manpower to build a nation's economic and energy security. That's why there's the US Department of Energy....