Physics - Adjunct Instructor (part time)
POSITION TITLE: Physics Instructor (part-time)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
SUPERVISES: No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Community College of Aurora is looking for innovative faculty to teach Physics classes and encourage the success of all students, while maintaining the educational standards set forth by the department. Please note that this instructor must also have Algebra experience was well.
Lecturers in this position will provide instruction in assigned classes according to an established course model. They will teach assigned classes in keeping with community college philosophy, while upholding the values of CCA, and abiding by all relevant college, CCCS, and SBCCOE policies and procedures. Instructors will be expected to provide quality teaching, and attend departmental/divisional/ instruction-wide meetings and required faculty development activities, such as New Faculty Orientation. In addition, the instructor will evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus, maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students, and submit required records according to published deadlines, as well as conduct student evaluations of instruction as required by the college.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold the values of the college.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with community college philosophy.
- Abide by all relevant college and CCCS and SBCCOE policies and procedures.
- At the first class meeting, provide students with a syllabus for the course that includes all components of the course master syllabus.
- By the end of the first week of class, provide the division with a copy of the course syllabus.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus.
- Conduct student evaluations of instruction in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students and submit required records according to published deadlines.
- Attend departmental/divisional/instruction-wide meetings as called by the Department Chair,
- Dean or Vice President for Instruction.
- Participate in faculty development activities as required; adjunct instructors must complete “New Faculty Orientation” during their first year.
Current Salary Rate: $650.00 per credit hour
- A Master’s degree in the content or related area is required.
- College level teaching experience in Physics, with Algebra experience also, is required.
Anticipated Start Date: Spring 2014
Deadline to Submit Application Material: Positions are open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements, and a current resume to: