St. Cloud Technical & Community College seeks a Physics/Astronomy instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at St. Cloud Technical & Community College are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Examples of duties:
- Teach a range of subjects across the Physics/Astronomy curriculum.
- Design and develop curriculum to meet accreditation standards.
- Teach day and evening courses utilizing traditional and alternative delivery methods.
- Academic advising to students and contributing to the department as a whole.
- Supervise student internship experiences.
- Work as a team member in maintaining a learning environment that effectively and efficiently meets the educational requirements of the diverse postsecondary student.
- Participate in college and community activities.
- Engage in scholarly activities consistent with the college’s goals.
- Build and maintain professional and community business relationships.
- Budget planning and fiscal management.
- Recruitment of students and job placement.
- Must qualify for MnSCU Credentialing in Physics. For additional information regarding licensure requirements, please refer to the MnSCU Credentialing Website at: http://www.licensure.mnscu.edu
- Masters degree in Physics or a Masters degree with a minimum of 16 graduate semester credits (24 graduate quarter credits) in physics.
You must apply online and attach an electronic cover letter, resume, and a copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position. Paper applications and resumes will not be considered.
St. Cloud Technical & Community College - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard