Teach undergraduate and graduate level physics courses including laboratories. Standard teaching load is 24 credits per year, 3-4 courses each semester including laboratory courses.
Conduct research and scholarly activities on campus and engage students in those activities.
Advise and mentor students and contribute to student growth.
Contribute to curricula development.
Participate in service to the department, college, university and community.
- Ph.D. degree in physics.
- Postdoctoral research experience or evidence of established research.
- Current research activities and demonstrated ability to continue research on campus.
- Demonstrated passion for teaching and student success.
- Superior communication skills, including oral and written presentations.
- Demonstrated teaching success.
- Experience teaching physics lab courses.
- Experience advising students.
- Demonstrated commitment for fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on the Department of Physics & Astronomy, and Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://cset.mnsu.edu/pa/ & http://www.mnsu.edu.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm. A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter addressing teaching and research interests
- A one page statement of your teaching philosophy
- A one page statement of your research plan and interests
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references (including two (2) references who can address the candidates' teaching ability)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts
Dr. Youwen Xu, Chair
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Minnesota State University, Mankato
TN 141 Trafton Science Center, North
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato - 9 months ago