Are you looking to start your career? Or are you are looking to stay busy while earning a little extra dough? Well if you answered yes to either of these questions and you have a hankering for helping people you may want to consider a job in your local Orchard Supply Hardware store. We are always accepting applications for Cashiers, Sales, Pick-up and Receiving. While we may not have an immediate opening, we still want to know about you.
Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. Orchard recently became a publicly traded, independent company.
The Pick-up Associate is responsible for providing service to customers, i.e. acknowledge all customers and assist them by loading their purchases in a safe and secure manner. This position will maintain the stock, housekeeping, safety and security of the Pick-up station.
1. Acknowledge all customers as they enter the pick-up station, verify items to be loaded and load the customer’s vehicle in a safe and courteous manner
2. Maintain stock of the Pick-up station to include: maintaining a clear drive through with access to all merchandise, manage damaged goods (i.e., repair torn bags, take appropriate markdowns and customer returns), and assist sales department associates with inventory control
3. Maintain Pick-up station equipment (i.e. forklift, pipe threader) and ensure necessary supplies are on-hand
4. Verify accuracy of pull-tag merchandise with register receipts
5. Ensure the Pick-up station is a safe environment for customers and associates
6. Prepare for and assist with store inventory
1. High school graduate or GED
2. Must be 18 years of age or older
3. Prior retail or warehouse experience is a plus
4. Great customer service skills and a positive demeanor
5. Ability to drive a forklift, training will be provided
6. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
7. Ability to work on your feet (standing and walking) for long periods of time
8. Ability to navigate stairs while carrying product