Position Announcement: 6251 County Extension Agent - 4-H and Youth Development
Headquarters: Jasper, GA County: Pickens http://extension.uga.edu/4h/
Position Available: March 1st, 2014 ( www.pickenschamber.com ) http://extension.uga.edu/about/join/careers.cfm
Qualifications: This position requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree strongly preferred) in Agriculture, Education, Human/Youth Development, Sociology, Family & Consumer Sciences, Recreation, or closely related area
- Successful experience in program development and management (direct 4-H experience strongly preferred), demonstrated communication ability as well as skills in leadership and management
- The ability to design, coordinate, and teach educational programs to meet community needs, and
- A demonstrated ability to work as a team member and with groups and committees.
Administrative Relationships: - This position serves as a UGA Public Service Faculty Member and a member of the Pickens County Extension Staff ( http://www.caes.uga.edu/extension/pickens/ ). It is under the direction and leadership of the Pickens County Extension Coordinator and the Northeast District Extension Director.
- Responsible for managing the 4-H program in Pickens County by providing educational programs for youth in 4-H club meetings, coordinating local activities, and preparing youth for project and judging events
- Implements the CAES Civil Rights/Equal Opportunity plan and ensures that clientele understand that UGA Cooperative Extension offers its educational programs, assistance, and materials to all people without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status
- Provides leadership for volunteers, Para-professionals, and teen leaders in delivering 4-H and Youth programs
- Utilizes the expertise of and works closely with advisory groups, community leaders, public officials and representatives of intended audiences to analyze data, identify needs, and assist in developing educational programs
- Develops a plan of work that is equitable in meeting the varied socio-economic needs of the county
- Develops and conducts relevant interdisciplinary programs with other staff members based on critical issues
- Collaborates with other agencies and community groups to plan and implement programs
- Conducts promotional efforts to expand the public’s view of extension programming
- Utilizes current research data and information on emerging issues in program development and teaching
- Demonstrates personal interest and involvement in community by participating in and supporting civic/community activities/organizations and networking with community leaders
- See www.caes.uga.edu/intranet/coextopr/pdfs/coextagentjd.pdf for a listing of other responsibilities.
- This position requires frequent night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings. A valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for official duty travel are required.
Starting Salary & Benefits: $40,400/year with a Master’s Degree (Bachelor’s $34,500) in an appropriate subject area plus an excellent benefits package as a UGA faculty member.
Application Procedures: To ensure consideration, your application must be received in UGA Human Resources’ iPAWS system by January 26th, 2013. Apply online at www.ugajobsearch.com/ (Select “County Extension Agents” button). Please direct questions and mail original transcripts to: UGA CAES Business Office, 215 Conner Hall, Athens, GA 30602, (706) 542-0826, email@example.com
Agriculture and Natural Resources
· Family and Consumer Sciences
· 4-H Youth
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution
Institution Employment Link:
- Non-Faculty Positions Only
CIP Discipline Code:
Agriculture & Related Ind (Admin code)
Family And Consumer Sciences/Home Economics Teacher Education
The University System of Georgia
- 18 months ago - save job