Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist in preparation of medications for distribution to long term care facilities based on the physician orders and prescriptions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
•Assists the pharmacist(s) on duty as their primary responsibility; performing these duties as the number one priority
•Fills daily drug orders accurately and efficiently in a timely manner, under the supervision of a pharmacist
•Assists in processing returned drugs and recycle/dispose per procedure
•Review facility pre-list and prepare 31 day cards with the appropriate drug for the full fill
Follow daily packaging assignments.
• Complete extemporaneous packaging assignments as needed.
• Clean work station and replenish all supplies.
• Change gloves between medications.
• Clean machine with alcohol between each medication packaging .
• Hand/Strip/Card packaging—never touch medication with bare hands, only tweezers.
• Double-check accuracy of all medications before beginning packaging process.
• Record all quantities and expiration dates in designated log area.
• Obtain pharmacist check.
• Place completed stock on shelf and return any unused medication to the appropriate area in the pharmacy.
•Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location
•Full job description available upon request
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
•High School Diploma
2pm-10:30pm Off Wednesday and Thursday rotating weekends and holidays
High school diploma
Pharmacy experience prefered
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Omnicare, Inc - 2 years ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...