Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants located primarily in the Permian Basin, Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana regions.
Targa is currently seeking a Pipeline/Project Engineer for their office located in Houston, TX.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Manage design and construction of pipelines, terminals, marine terminal facilities and truck loading racks
- Model options for system modifications, upgrades debottlenecking to identify the best economic solutions
- Provide technical support for terminal and pipeline operations including startups, troubleshooting, and system expansions
- Provide cost estimating for projects
- Generate AFEs
- Develop and analyze options for upgrades to determine the best solutions
- Suggest optimization projects to enhance system operations and efficiencies
- Assure all Targa design and construction standards are met and followed
- Assure State, Federal and Targa regulations and policies in Safety and Environmental areas are adhered to within area of responsibility
- BS degree in Engineering; 5 years experience in either/or natural gas gathering, compression, construction, and field operations.
- Intermediate level desktop computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. compliance requirements. Knowledge of API, NACE, NEC, ISGOT and other industry codes and standards as applicable.
Please note – Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
- Background and working knowledge of terminals and pipeline operations, economic drivers and development of economic models.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.