The Placement Officer will facilitate placements for Minnesota State University, Mankato teacher candidates from Level 1 coursework through student teaching. This individual will coordinate field placements for teacher candidates in Special Education in Southern MN and Metro Locations and for K-12, Secondary and Elementary teacher candidates in Metro locations. This process includes meeting with faculty to understand needs, initiating requests, following-up with school personnel and maintaining ongoing communication. The Placement Officer will cultivate relationships in Twin Cities Metro area schools by serving as Minnesota State Mankato liaison at district placement meetings, visiting key school site partners to better understand, developing pool of qualified mentor teachers in hard-to-place fields such as ESL or specialized science or language.
- Bachelor's degree in education or closely related field.
- P-12 and/or collegiate teaching experience.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets and database software, including Google.docs.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics and standards of university field placement in P-12 public schools.
- Demonstrated skill in interacting with university faculty and public school faculty.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu .
A pplication Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Laura Bemel, Assistant Director
Office of Field & International Experience
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/MSUAASF_Contract_09-.pdf .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.