Placement Probation Officer (139-40)
Deadline to Apply: June 27, 2013
CIncinnati, Ohio 45202
Work Hours: 35 Hours/Week
Starting Salary: $18.0853 per hour
NOTE: Applicants for positions with Hamilton County Juvenile Court are subject to background screening in accordance with the document: Offenses that May Disqualify Candidates for Employment . Convictions from this list may disqualify a candidate for employment with Hamilton County Juvenile Court.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Bachelor's Degree in Corrections, Social Work or similar field and 3 to 5 years of work related experience.
- Must have driver's license and auto liability insurance.
- Master's degree in Corrections, Social Work or related field and experience with mental health and substance abuse clients.
- Experience and knowledge of adolescent treatment models preferred.
- Professional certifications that are preferred include: LSW, LISW, LPC, LPCC, LCDCIII and/or OPOTA
Special Working Conditions and/or Hazards:
- Employees are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily occasional temperature changes.
- Employees work outdoors and my not be protected from weather conditions.
- Provide enhanced placement and community-based supervision of youth placed at specified facilities by the Court as a condition of Probation. Work directly with youth, family and providers to develop and implement a Reentry Supervision Plan (RSP) that is comprehensive, collaborative and adheres to the principles of evidence based practices endorsed by the department and Court. Prepare the youth and the family for family reintegration by regular home visits during the youth's residential placement and after the youth returns to the community.
- Prepare family and youth for successful reentry with school, peers and community by the development of a vital support network of traditional and non-traditional resources. Establish the necessary linkages to appropriate and effective services based on the residential treatment plan and risk/needs assessment. Linkages shall include contract providers for substance abuse treatment and family treatment. Identify educational needs, put linkages in place to address the needs, and monitor implementation of educational and vocational services based on the RSP.
- Develop and facilitate psycho-educational groups for probationers as a component to their reentry supervision plan. Be trained in and maintain up to date knowledge in the principles of evidence based practices endorsed by the department and Court.
- Must maintain up to date knowledge of mandated IV-E requirements associated with case management and make sure the requirements are met as established by department policy and state statutes. Prepare and maintain all case documentation, reports and materials within prescribed time frames.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of departmental caseload practices and up-to-date knowledge of court and community resources with the ability to make appropriate referrals to same.
- Perform the duties of the Duty Officer for the department's intake process. Perform other duties and responsibilities as administratively assigned.
- Attend required training (40 hours/year).
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
Summary of KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES required for the position:
- Must possess intermediate clerical/administrative skills/abilities, which include: Must have knowledge of personal computers and other office machines and ability to prepare related reports as required.
- Must possess intermediate computer/technical skills/abilities, which include: Must have knowledge of personal computers and other office machines and ability to prepare related reports as required.
- Must possess intermediate written and oral communication skills/abilities, which include: Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, organized work habits, and the demonstrated ability to work as a team member with a minimum of supervision. Ability to communicate with individuals of varying intellectual, emotional, and physical abilities.
- Must possess intermediate project/process management skills/abilities, which include: Strong organizational and prioritizing skills; Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to client information and records. Must possess initiative and problem solving skills. Possess the ability to function independently as well as part of a unit. Must be flexible and creative, willing to adjust to departmental needs and changes.
- Must possess basic knowledge regarding: Case management practices and procedures in addition to knowledge of the court system.