As the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor, Marsh is devoted to finding the opportunity in risk. Companies look to us to help them navigate the daunting global risk landscape, seeing risks others don't and unlocking opportunities others can't. With 25,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $5 billion Marsh serves more clients in more industries worldwide than any firm in our industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh’s IGNITE Operating Principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth - In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and being connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
We are seeking a Placement Specialist in our National Casualty Industry department.
In collaboration with client advisor and based upon client need, facilitates design of appropriate insurance program. Adhering to the “assist, advise, assume” transaction model, has oversight and authority on assigned transactions. Is accountable to both practice and zone. Maintains and develops market relationships on behalf of zone.
- In conjunction with client advisors and clients, utilizes risk expertise and knowledge of industry and carriers to develop placement solutions that meet client needs.
- Based upon the “assist, advise, and assume” transaction model, submits coverage specifications and obtains quotes from carriers.
- Binds coverage and is responsible for the accuracy of placement binders.
- Builds and maintains relationships with practice, insurance markets, and clients. Develops strong working relationships with carriers and/or underwriters.
- Acts as the primary source of information concerning market conditions, including pricing trends, coverage grants, and other underwriting parameters.
- For those designated as an Industry or Product Specialist, works within and across the zones and with MIP when appropriate to support sales and drive/support the associated placement.
- Keeps abreast of changing insurance and risk management market conditions and informs client executives, client advisors, and/or clients of major developments affecting various types of products/coverage.
- Supports and assists in the development of new insurance and risk solution products in conjunction with client advisors, clients and underwriters.
- Works closely with client executives and client teams to support client retention and new business production.
- Articulates the value of placement function and participates within Pricing of Services as applicable.
- Colleague Capability
- Ensure that colleagues are cross-trained to develop transaction expertise within the zones.
- Responsible for performance management for assigned colleagues.
- Utilizes the network of Marsh resources to develop and implement effective risk solutions.
- Adheres to Marsh Compliance and Transparency Standards.
- Adheres to Marsh Professional Standards.
- Adheres to utilization of applicable IT applications and related business processes.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experienced in the specific product line or specialty group.
- Holds a valid Broker’s license and other non-resident or Excess and Surplus licenses where appropriate.
- Possesses strong knowledge of insurance and capital markets as well as carriers and their ability to underwrite certain risks.
- Client Advisory Profile
- INTERNAL FACING
- EXTERNAL FACING
- Strategically Transforms and Optimizes
- Aligns to and supports the business model.
- Works through unnecessary complexity and bureaucracy to improve the quality and speed of deliverables to clients.
- Demonstrates commitment to "One Firm" by securing the best global solutions for clients.
- Works across geographies.
- Innovates and Develops
- Is creative and contributes to institutional innovation.
- Provides client feedback on new solutions and unmet needs to facilitate the development and application of complementary solutions.
- Possesses broad knowledge of business and risk management, and issues important to clients.
- Develops specialized industry knowledge.
- Develops and maintains the skills and knowledge necessary for successful performance, particularly specialized risk expertise.
- Promotes our Culture and Brand
- Commits to service excellence for clients.
- Listens intently to colleagues, understands differences and collaborates respectfully.
- Takes personal responsibility for client problems and solutions.
- Appropriately uses negotiation and persuasion.
- Possesses a command of facts that will contribute to successful influence.
- Uses collaboration and constructive conflict for better client solutions.
- Seizes Growth Opportunities
- Pursues the right industries, clients and opportunities
- Builds deep understanding of clients through research, planning and discovery.
- Positions Marsh as a strategic partner relative to the risk needs of clients.
- Builds and maintains strong working knowledge of respective practice solutions/services available to clients.
- Builds strong relationships with practice experts in Marsh.
- Creates new ways to share and apply our institutional knowledge to client issues.
- Produces Outstanding Results
- Delivers on aggressive growth and profitability goals for practices.
- Provides thoughtful analysis, planning and preparation for client interactions.
- Demonstrates successful problem-solving across a wide range of situations.
- Balances the interests of the client and the firm in all business situations.
- Advances our Market Reputation
- Establishes Marsh as the risk thought leader. Contibutes to market initiatives that confirm our leadership position.
- Humbly, confidently, and intensely goes the extra mile for clients.
- Uses discovery to understand client issues and priorities.
- Listens intently and responds appropriately to the messages and interests behind the words.
- Writes and speaks clearly, concisely and persuasively.
- Inspires and Motivates (Manages Talent)
- Understands the strategic objectives of Marsh and clients.
- Leads and/or follows in the matrix and/ or virtual environments.
- Serves as a member of client teams based on industry knowledge, requisite skills and client fit.
- Facilitates teamwork by allowing others meaningful input and providing input.
- Receives and gives coaching.
- Delivers Superb Client Service & Solutions
- Contributes to higher level of solutions and services that enhance client satisfaction and commitment.
- Develops and maintains strong, trusted client relationships with decision-makers.
- Understands the environment of industries in which clients operate
- Understands the business and risk issues of clients.
- Evaluates client needs and applies solutions and service that create material value.
- Translates the value of solutions into client metrics.
- Executes Flawlessly
- Contributes to seamlessly integrated client solutions and service that add value. Delivers on time and on budget.
- Establishes project priorities based on importance and urgency.
- Plans activities and projects to optimize the use of people and resources.
- Uses data and knowledge to solve problems and make decisions.
- Utilizes key tools for measuring quantitative/ financial performance.
- Understands how personal productivity affects client profitability.
- Utilizes technology to manage projects and finances.
- Leads Profession
- Exemplifies the highest standards of client service
- Is recognized by clients as a thought leader
- Knows and uses the very best practices to solve client problems
- Is attuned to the changing nature of the insurance marketplace and relevance to clients.
- Develops self through assessment, setting goals, and looking for opportunities to grow.
- Lives the Values
- Acts with integrity above all else.
Demonstrates a high level of consistency between words and actions.
- Accepts responsibility for the client team results, whether positive or negative.
- Sets the example for MMC values and professional ethics.
Is viewed as firm but fair
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies - 13 months ago
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and...