PLEASE APPLY ONLY ONCE FOR EACH POSITION
We love automation. We design and build innovative robotic systems and laboratory devices used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academic research laboratories. HighRes Biosolutions helps scientists accelerate drug discovery, high throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science and molecular diagnostics with highly flexible, expandable and modular integrated systems, bench-top devices and consumables that are easily configured (and reconfigured) to create research environments conducive to achieving breakthrough results.
This position is responsible for procurement and timely delivery of resources, supplies, equipment, products, components and raw materials needed to meet the objectives of the business at the best total cost and quality. Sourcing from suppliers both domestically and internationally and successfully negotiating contracts, terms and requirements.
• Proficiency and proven track record of vendor management and negotiation skills.
• Experience in purchasing of automation equipment including motors, gear boxes, sheet metal, and fabricated components.
• Inventory control experience in a production environment.
• Some experience with an inventory tracking system (ERP)
• Experience in understanding Engineers needs for procurement of appropriate parts and materials.
• Thorough knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures.
• Experience with SolidWorks a plus but not required.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Purchasing including at least two years of international sourcing.
• Good analytical ability to solve problems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good follow-through skills with a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to travel to vendor sites and trade shows when needed.
• Track and evaluate market trends to source availability for designated procurement items.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprint specifications.
• Engineering background a plus but not required.
• Ability to recognize problems and recommend solutions and put them into action.
• Must have effective planning and organizational skills and the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.