We are currently seeking a Planner/Scheduler at National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA's) Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF) in New Orleans. MAF is a world-class manufacturing facility providing vital support to NASA's space flight missions. MAF is a multi-tenant facility that includes NASA, other government agencies, and commercial tenants. This position will work in a collaborative team environment and be responsible for planning and scheduling work orders.
Performs the following tasks associated with planning executable Operations & Maintenance work:
• Perform job walks to verify work location, further define job scope, and obtain a detailed understanding of job requirements
• Determine which craft skills are required to perform the work and estimate how much time will be required per craft
• Develop detailed job plans to provide guidance to craft regarding how to perform the work, noting all required equipment, special tools, permits (e.g. Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, Zero Energy, etc.), and safety considerations (e.g. Lock Out/Tag Out)
• Determine when utility outages are required and submit Outage Requests as required
• Identify material requirements and order material; also, assist supervisors or craft with ordering material as required
• Determine when work must be subcontracted and manage subcontractor through work completion
• Maintain current status of all assigned work orders
• Maintain a manageable backlog of assigned work orders
• Review work orders and verify all information is concise and accurate prior to release to scheduling
• Consult with work order requestors to further define requirements/scope as required
• Coordinate with Maintenance Engineering regarding configuration changes, consultation on material selection, etc. as required
Perform the following scheduling tasks:
• Develop robust, resource-loaded weekly schedule for execution of facility work orders by technicians using Maximo Computerized Maintenance Management System
• Closely coordinate with supervisors regarding work order assignments to technicians
• Ensure Maximo data integrity by performing routine work order quality audits
• Monitor work order backlog to ensure technicians maintain steady workload
• Produce and evaluate weekly schedule compliance metrics
• Generate ad hoc reports using Microsoft Excel
• Requires at least 2 years of college and 2 years of experience or any equivalent.
• Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to establish effective working relationships with supervisors, technicians, planners, etc.
• Must have broad understanding of facility mechanical and electrical systems.
• Must have excellent personal computer skills and be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Previous experience with Maximo, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Project a plus.
MTS is a veteran-owned, small business headquartered in Huntsville, AL. The MTS staff consists of individuals who have provided valuable...