With our strong investment in research and development, and culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. Over 4,500 people work for Hexcel at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe … we call them our “Strength Within".
Hexcel is currently seeking a Planner/Scheduler 1 for its Casa Grande, Arizona facility.
SUMMARY: Responsible for developing manufacturing plans and schedules to ensure continuous work flow and appropriate delivery of materials while optimizing material and capacity utilization to satisfy customer requirements. Work in association with Production personnel/teams, Production Control planners/schedulers and Purchasing to coordinate schedules based on requirements, machine capacity, raw material availability and manpower. Communicate plans, schedules, and delivery information to customer service, interplant buyers, production, shipping, and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES include the following. Other closely related duties may be assigned.
- Create and approve manufacturing orders to provide direct planning support for manufacturing operations.
- Prioritize, schedule and release manufacturing orders to support plant on time shipment and inventory goals within defined production capacity plan.
- Develop and maintain CAS shop floor data, balancing requirements against capacity and material availability, to provide accurate dispatching of manufacturing orders.
- Track all open orders from beginning (SO) to ship in order to ensure completion to schedule and to identify and expedite manufacturing shortages.
- Monitor and facilitate CAS data integrity to ensure accurate on-hand balances, material availability and timely closing of orders.
- Recognize material and capacity problems, review alternatives and make decisions resulting in optimizing available resources.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete feedback to Production Control Supervision and to other Planners/Schedulers as required.
- Coordinate schedule requirements with Production personnel and other support groups such as Engineering, Purchasing and Quality Assurance, Shipping etc.
- Participate in the daily QRB team review and subsequently disposition discrepant material as necessary.
- Interact with Customer Service and Interplant buyers on a daily basis by fax, e-mail and/or phone as necessary regarding quotes, lead times, delivery information, and response to expedites and other requests.
- Work in a team environment to reach consensus decisions as necessary and maintain constructive relationships with co-workers.
- Recommend process improvements and participate in implementation.
- Monitor/utilize capacity tools (such as ATP) and planner reports (open orders, exception message, start date, SO, etc.) daily to help balance work center capacities and constraints and to ensure timeliness of releases with up to date information integrity. This will also include open order reports, SO reports, and other associated tools.
- Responsible for achieving department inventory goals.
- Initiate and reconcile bin count requirements.
- Represent production control team in assigned meetings.
- Maintain a safe, clean and secure work environment. Actively support and interact in monthly and/or plant refresher safety training using available resources and prescribed goals to determine and subsequently help eliminate actual and potential safety issues, unsafe acts and/or conditions to preclude accidents, to keep Hexcel employees safe, and to achieve the Department/Plant and/or Corporate Safety goals and objectives.
- Operate at all times in compliance with the Hexcel Casa Grande Quality System and Quality Policy.
- Comply with Hexcel policies, procedures, and Code of Business Conduct.
- Minimum of Associate's degree and six months related experience
- Minimum of 5 years directly related experience in lieu of Associate’s degree.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (WORD, Excel, Outlook), intranet reports, and MRP systems.
- Specific knowledge of CAS 3.0 or similar MRP software strongly preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel is a NYSE listed international producer of composite materials, reinforcements and structures serving commercial aerospace, space & defense, and various industrial markets. The company is a leader in the production of honeycombs, prepegs and other fiber reinforced matrix systems, woven and specialty reinforcements, carbon fibers and aircraft structures. Hexcel materials are used in thousands of products, making everyday life easier and safer for millions of people around the world. The lightweight, tailorable nature of our materials has helped transform numerous industries over the past 60 years by making products lighter, stronger and faster. We are the strength within many of today’s lightweight, high-performance products
Hexcel Corporation - 12 months ago
Hexcel Corporation (Hexcel) is an advanced composites company. Hexcel develops, manufactures and markets lightweight, high-performance...