Christopher & Banks is looking for a Planner Allocator to work in our Corporate Office, located in Plymouth, MN.
The Planner Allocator is Responsible for identifying business risks and opportunities and propose solutions to maximize sales and margin objectives. In partnership with the buyer and merchandising
management, formulate and execute financial, assortment and allocation strategies to achieve the division/department/product planned sales, margin and inventory turn goals.
Christopher & Banks is a well known specialty retailer; we’ve been dressing women for over 50 years. Our mission is to design for and speak to the boomer consumer in a way no other retailer does. If you work best in an environment of teamwork and genuine collaboration, are an optimist by nature, organized, motivated, dedicated, and are ready to help build a best in class consumer brand, this could be the job for you. Please read more about us at Christopherandbanks .com.
- Create strategy-driven departmental financial plans (sales, margin, turn-over) which support merchant strategic goals to achieve corporate financial targets. Own the management of inventory of assigned
categories through the creation of monthly assortment guidelines. Present analysis and make assortment recommendations to merchants and senior management based upon historically observed trends to drive business.
- Utilize financial metrics to create store rankings and clusters by department/class and/or product attributes. Develop allocation strategies to optimize inventory with new receipts and transfers/consolidations. Allocate product as it arrives within expected level-of-service. Create size
- Manage and maintain weekly class-level financial forecasts (OTB management), incorporating current business trends to maximize sales and margin and support merchant and corporate financial and strategic goals.
- Validate sales and inventory productivity by store cluster to facilitate the development of an assortment plan with the buyer by providing class-level, product grouping (attributes) and store volume group/cluster reporting. Using these reports, present analysis and make assortment recommendations inclusive of choice counts by volume group to merchants and senior management based upon historically observed trends.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting information (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) and ad-hoc business analysis to the merchant teams and store leadership team to facilitate business
discussions and strategy/goal development.
- Bachelors degree in related field
- 2+ years experience in allocation, planning or replenishment
- 2+ years Microsoft Excel experience including using pivot tables, formulas, and data manipulation for data retrieval tools
- 1+ years planning application tool experience
- 1+ years allocation application tool experience
- Clear understanding of basic financial measures: sales, gross margin, weeks of supply, etc.
Christopher & Banks Corporation is a Minneapolis-based company that specializes in women’s apparel. We were founded in 1956 when...