The City of Oklahoma City has a position open for Planner III ($56,021.04 - $85,733.28 annually) in the Housing and Community Development Division of the Planning Department. The position is under the direction of an immediate supervisor.
This position is a professional classification requiring well developed skills in research; verbal and written communication; project design; and knowledge of and skill in applying procedures, objectives, and variables related to city planning. This Planner III position will be responsible for managing grants to include: making application, overseeing disbursement of funds, determining eligibility of sub-grantees, monitoring and compliance. This position will also be responsible for finding solutions to supplement grant opportunities to end homelessness. The successful applicant will possess:
Applications and/or resumes will be accepted until January 1, 2013 and must be submitted online to the Personnel Department at: http://www.okc.gov .
- Master's degree in Regional and City Planning. Public Administration, Business/Finance, Sociology or related field OR
- Bachelor's degree in Regional and City Planning, Public Administration. Business/Finance. Sociology or related field AND five or more years experience managing urban planning and community development programs.
- Five or more years experience managing Federal grant programs, including Continuum of Care, Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS or other Federal entitlement grants and emergency solutions grants.
- Proven experience organizing and facilitating public meetings and working with committees.
- Proven experience working with nonprofit and/or social service agencies.
- Experience working with or knowledge of homelessness issues and programs.
420 West Main Street, STE 110
Planetizen - 23 months ago