Payless ShoeSource is the largest specialty family footwear retailer in the U.S. and in the Western Hemisphere, with a team dedicated to democratizing on-trend and validated styles in footwear and accessories for the world. Our brands include Airwalk®, Dexter®, Champion®, American Eagle by Payless Shoe Source, SmartFit, BRASH®, safeTstep, and designer labels Lela Rose for Payless Shoe Source, Christian Siriano for Payless Shoe Source™ and Isabel Toledo for Payless Shoe Source. Our mission is to become the first choice for style and value in footwear and accessories for our target consumer.
Our world headquarters is centrally located in Topeka, KS, facilitating easy travel to all parts of the country. And Topeka enjoys close proximity to Kansas City and Lawrence, home of the University of Kansas, providing our Associates with multiple communities in which to reside.
The Business Solutions Developer will Assist the team Director and Manager in the design, development, testing, implementation and management of supply chain systems and processes that support international growth, new ventures, and domestic opportunities.
- Partner with the team and business area to design and build solutions that are integrated into the Retail Transformation Program and overall system footprint. These solutions will be geared to handle future business needs, allowing for store growth, international development, and new ventures.
- Understand system functionality, requirements, and business value. Develop models and scenarios to test system design/requirements to ensure expectations are met in terms of speed, reliability, scope, workload optimization and reasonability.
- Develop applications primarily utilizing Microsoft Office tools (i.e. Excel, Access, Visual Basic), adhering to IT coding standards and best practices. Opportunities to also leverage Visual Studio and .net skills.
- Documentation of technical design for applications using standard templates. Create user manuals and associated guides and facilitate end-user training.
- Perform unit testing to ensure tools meet performance and functionality requirements. Correct bugs in functionality, research and resolve user issues, and develop enhancements to current functionality.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to help provide critical business insights.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, MIS or a related discipline
- Proven development skills in Excel, Access, and VBA
- 1-3 Years of development experience
- Preferred experience with Visual Basic, .net, SQL Server, JAVA
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Attention to detail
- Time management, specifically ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Self motivation and the ability to think innovatively
- Passion for system development
- Retail math proficiency desired
- Business/Retail experience desired
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other protected status.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United Sates.
This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and /or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, this employer uses E-Verify's photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' (USCIS) photograph.
If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at: 1-888-464-4218.