Luminant, a subsidiary of Energy Future Holdings , formerly TXU Corp., is the largest competitive power generation business in Texas. Its operations also include mining, wholesale marketing and trading, and development. Luminant has more than 15,400 megawatts of generation, including 2,300 MW fueled by nuclear power and 8,000 MW fueled by coal. The company is one of the largest purchasers of wind-generated electricity in Texas and the nation. Luminant has mined and restored over 60,000 acres and planted over 25 million trees in a land-reclamation program that has been recognized with over 120 awards for environmental conservation. At Luminant, we are committed to improving our environment by serving our customers and communities through more efficient- and cleaner sources of energy. We are also committed to our values of honesty and integrity, mutual respect, innovation, competitive spirit and diversity.
This position will perform a key role in the monthly planning, forecasting and analysis of Luminant Power’s business results with emphasis on Sandow 5, Oak Grove, and Luminant Development. The selected candidate will serve as the lead financial modeler for these business units and work closely with business unit management and subject matter experts to ensure timely and accurate financial plans and projections. In addition, the position is responsible for supporting / developing key analysis and recommendations related to Luminant’s ongoing decision-making and long-term strategic planning. This position will also provide business analysis, financial planning and reporting, performance analysis, regulatory support, and cost management for some of Luminant’s support organizations including Safety & Training, Operational Excellence, and Fossil Administration departments. The position provides a platform to gain hands-on business experience with high level exposure to critical decision making processes in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will be energetic and team-oriented with rigorous analytical and quantitative skills and strong strategic thinking ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned. Directly or through others, the incumbent will:
- Model operational and financial assumptions for Sandow 5, Oak Grove, and Luminant Development business units, leveraging an excel based model that details income statement, cash flow and balance sheet effects.
- Identify emerging operational and financial opportunities and issues
- Develop, summarize and communicate key findings from fact-based analysis to finance and business unit management in writing as well as verbally
- Support the monthly management reporting process, including board and external investor information
- Applies extensive and diversified knowledge of accounting principles and practices in broad assignments
- Prepares reports for internal and external users that accurately reflect the position or results from operations each month
- Perform analyses to summarize operating results and explain financial statement and/or other benchmarks impacts, and communicate results/projections to assist management in meeting key financial performance objectives
- Perform scenario and sensitivity analysis that drive a deep understanding of key value levers across the businesses
- Serve as a thought partner with team members and across business units to resolve complex financial issues
- Lead or participate in ad-hoc financial analysis and valuations, benchmarking, peer group comparison or special project efforts as requested
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Develop relationships with internal clients, gaining a deep understanding of the power generation business to perform a consulting role related to all financial and accounting matters
The minimum education / experience requirements are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, or other analytical discipline
- 2+ years experience with a demonstrated track record of success in an investment bank, Big 4 accounting firm, top tier management consulting firm, or at a Fortune 500 company in a strategy, planning or business development role
- Significant experience with excel based models and techniques
Preferred education and experience:
- MBA or CPA
- 4 or more years of professional experience with a demonstrated record of success
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS Requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Occasional long, irregular hours.
- Use of a PC, computer terminal and/or telephone over 3 hours a day
- Occasional travel between company facilities.
- Occasional bending, twisting, crouching, pulling, pushing, and/or reaching to access job-related materials.
- Open workspace office environment.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES The following knowledge, skills and capabilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
- Self-starter with the ability to drive independent problem-solving
- Ability to prioritize and adapt schedules to changing conditions, and complete multiple, complex assignments in a timely manner
- Energetic, intellectually curious and performance driven
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives, deadlines and extended working hours during special projects
- Strong analytical skills, with a deep understanding of income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow relationships
- Demonstrated ability to gather and interpret complex data, analyze and drive problem solving efforts
- Experienced in use of business software applications, with the ability to use report writing tools, macros, linking, etc. to improve efficiency and automation of reports and other data gathering processes
- Demonstrated ability to produce key insights/findings from raw data and/or reports
- Action/change oriented
- Ability to establish and meet aggressive goals and deadlines
- Maintain high-energy level in seeing projects through to completion on consistent basis
- Actively identify and implement improvements and new approaches drive value
- Skill in maintaining relationships with internal customers at all levels
- Skill in reading, comprehending, and interpreting complex documents
- Skill in managing multiple projects simultaneously
It is the policy of Energy Future Holdings, Luminant, and TXU Energy to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.
Energy Future Holdings - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard