Wood Rodgers, Inc., a progressive civil engineering and planning firm with several offices in California and Nevada, seeks qualified applicants for a Planning GIS/AutoCAD Tech position in the Land Planning & Urban Design Group in their Sacramento office. Pay will be commensurate with skill level and candidates may be required to take a test to determine level of expertise. Position provides a comprehensive benefits package that is competitive with other A&E firms in the industry.
Qualified applicants, please visit our website to complete an application and upload a formatted resume, along with up to 2 pages of work examples, size 8.5 x 11 inches, at: www.woodrodgers.com/careers
Position Summary: The primary duties of this position include, but are not limited to, drafting and preparing Planning-related drawings such as project location aerial exhibits, tentative subdivision maps, and report graphics. Using Geographic Information System (ArcGIS) and Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD) drafting skills, work is performed with limited guidance and supervision. Ability to learn and apply company drafting standards (e.g. layer naming conventions, file management).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares exhibits, drawings, maps, and graphics, through the use of ArcGIS and AutoCAD, applying standards and established company procedures.
- May assist in preparing presentation graphics using Illustrator, Photoshop, or PowerPoint.
- May direct junior staff on drafting methods, layer naming, file management and other conventions.
- May participate in training to enhance skills.
- May travel to deliver maps, drawings to various local city offices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree, or equivalent education and related work experience is required
- Bachelors degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, or Design related field is desired
- GIS certification is desired
- Minimum of 6 years of related work experience in a Planning, Landscape Architecture, or Engineering firm
- AutoCAD expertise in preparing Land Use exhibits, Tentative Subdivision Maps, and color illustrative Site Plans
- ArcGIS Desktop suite expertise
Desired Additional Experience
- Hand Graphics and understanding of color graphics
- Other graphic expertise is desired (Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, etc.)
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong skill using ArcGIS and AutoCAD for a Planning Department
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel spreadsheets
- Able to receive and transmit drawings electronically
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Ability to work as a member of collaborative team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make deliveries to local city offices
Wood Rodgers is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V
GIS Jobs Clearinghouse - 18 months ago