Plant / Site Controller - Allston Functions
Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at
The Allston Management team provides strategic vision, leadership and direction to the Allston site to ensure reliable supply of high quality medicine to patients. They ensure Safety and Quality compliance of operations. The Allston Management team defines the manufacturing strategy for the site by establishing long range plans and business/operating plans in consultation and coordination with MSOC.
The Plant/Site Controller, Allston Functions, is responsible for all Support Function Controlling at Genzyme Allston Landing Facilities, including headcount, consultants and other costs. All support functions fall in the scope of this position.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of all CRI related aspects to the internal organization
- Cost Accounting tasks accounting following IFRS
- Support and participate to month end close: MCE Accruals preparation, validation and analysis of results, provide visibility on performance, challenge operations, track financial impact of improvement plans, manage and validate monthly cycle count and perform entries
- Create awareness and visibility on costs
- Identify, and report risks and opportunities
- Enforce good, standardized use of IS manufacturing system (MFGPRO) & SAP/NextS
- Assist with audits (internal and external)
- Financial partner of all support functions (Quality, MTS, Maintenance, Logistics, HR, and occasionally of Manufacturing)
- Budget Control: Provide accurate and relevant analysis to control spend (headcount, costs). Frequency of data should be monthly and weekly.
- Accountable for manufacturing performance vs. LRP, budget and forecasts
- Tracks all consulting headcount and costs on site. Is accountable for optimized use of these resources, and for the tracking of the phasing out.
- Full understanding of Cerezyme CRI
- Specifically responsible for Investment for Manufacturing within the plant
- Prepares CRT reporting, and TDB analysis, with the support of the Manufacturing Controller
- Back-up role for the Manufacturing Controller
- Support forecast and budget exercise
- Build and issue template and collect spending and headcount data from the different functions (Quality, MTS, Maintenance, Logistics and HR); challenge costs.
- Prepare CRI variance analysis: Full understanding of Cerezyme future CRI cost drivers, simulations.
- Participate to master recipe review and BOM update. Validate financial impact
- Participate actively in ad hoc projects
- Back-up role for the capital accountant
- Master's degree in Finance or Economics
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in finance with a minimum of 2 years cost accounting experience in a production environment.
- Knowledge of SAP and MFG-PRO
- Knowledge of USGAP and IFRS and SOX is an asset
- IT literacy with advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven experience closing out issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Experience demonstrating self-motivation and the ability to be pro-active and adaptable
- Experience working in a multicultural environment with stretch deadlines
- Experience with benchmarks and cost containment techniques
- 5 years of experience in industrial controlling in a related field (i.e. food, automotive, electronics, or cosmetics)
- Experience demonstrating analytical, communication and collaboration skills in the workplace.
Accounting and Finance
Jul 19, 2012
Genzyme - 10 months ago
Genzyme Corporation (Genzyme) is a biotechnology company. The Companys product and service portfolio is focused on rare genetic disease diso...