BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal
and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse
products and broad geographic reach have made us a
market leader in the general line packaging industry. We
make the innovative products that customers require to
succeed today and beyond. BWAY offers comprehensive
packaging for a wide variety of applications. We help
customers develop new packaging and redesign existing
products that reduce time to market, lower costs and
improve quality. Our technical specialists provide
onsite expertise for integrating products into
manufacturing facilities. We manufacture the standard
industrial containers that customers know and trust. We
also develop innovative packaging that introduces
customer products to the marketplace in new and exciting
ways. Our rigid metal containers include paint cans,
steel pails, aerosol cans, F-style containers, monotop
cans, pour top cans, ammunition boxes and an oil can. We
also manufacture rigid plastic packaging including
pails, drums, hybrid paint cans, all-plastic colorant
cans and plastic bottles. Today, BWAY is the only
manufacturer in the country that can provide metal paint
cans, hybrid paint cans and all-plastic colorant cans to
meet our customer needs. We have the most extensive
product lineup available from any single manufacturer in
the general line packaging industry. BWAY is an Equal
Plant Accountant / Cost Accountant
income-related accounts for reasonableness to provide
- Coordinate monthly financial closings and analyze
financial reports to plant management.
financial data in timely manner.
- Interface with corporate finance regularly to ensure
financial data to satisfy corporate consolidation
- Interface with internal departments to compile
balance sheet account controls to ensure accuracy.
- Perform monthly cash reconciliations and various
annual cost roll and analyzing product costing and
- Maintaining the standard cost system including the
working with the sales department on new product
process. This includes the CapEx review of each project
- Is the lead financial person in the capital management
and then financial analysis and tracking once approved.
reporting in all areas.
- Responsible for manufacturing variance analysis and
satellite plant and make recommendations to improve
- Will analyze the monthly financial forecasts for the
activities ensuring that accuracy of data and timeliness
- Responsible for month end manufacturing closing
of reporting is maintained.
ensure proper controls and values are maintained.
- Monitors all transactions involving inventory to
analysis for the plant.
- Will also be in charge of the cycle counting and
manufacturing process including labor, spending,
- Provide cost analysis in all areas of the
reserves and other analysis as needed.
Microsoft Office is required.
- Strong computer skills including ERP systems and
- Experience with SAP preferred but not necessary.
- Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate
Education and Experience:
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience for a
- Cost accounting experience for a high-volume
- Good communication skills as well as interpersonal
Division/Department : Accounting and Finance
- Attention to detail
- Process improvement skills
BWAY Corporation - 4 months ago