Postal/Zip Code: 85225
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete and plastic products in the United States. our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle Precast is looking for a Plant Accountant to join our team in Chandler, AZ.
Job Description Summary
The Plant Accountant is responsible for plant level accounting activities for a regional production/sales office. This position will exercise discretion and independent judgment concerning a multitude of accounting tasks, disseminates and educates regarding company policy, ensures legal compliance requirements, assists management in reviewing balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports, analyzes issues, and assists in problem resolution. This position also acts as an Office Manager. Additional responsibilities to include:
- Accounts Receivable – Customer maintenance, coordinate orders with sister plants, ensure invoice accuracy including proper recording of sales
- Purchasing – Oversee purchase orders, receiving and works closely with Accounts Payable department on proper invoice coding and postings
- Payroll and HR – Knowledge of company HR policies and employment laws, submittal of new hire and change documentation to payroll centers
- Inventory – General understanding of inventory data flow
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an accounting role with at least 1 year in a supervisory role
- Specific experience with inventory and costing; financial accounting; business law including sales and use tax regulations, lien laws, etc.; internal controls; payroll & benefit programs; accounts payable; credit and collections (Extensive A/R experience a plus)
- Excellent communicator, able to work as a team member and provide extensive support to the plant GM and other personnel
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs, especially proficient with Excel
- Familiar with ERP accounting software packages (Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with a “Make it Happen” approach
- High ethical and professional standards – honesty, integrity & common sense
- Good attendance and positive attitude a must
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...