Plant Director - Valmont & Arapahoe-26108
Xcel Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Plant Director to manage both Valmont Station and Arapahoe, located in Colorado.
Provide leadership and management for power plant. Key objectives: ensure personnel and plant safety; reliable operation; effective maintenance practices and customer satisfaction; a trained qualified and engaged workforce; financial performance; compliance with environmental requirements; and effective community relations. Scope of Position: Generally responsible for plant ranging from 100 - 600 MW in capacity. However, other compensable factors may impact grade level including co-ownerships, number of units, complexity of systems, complexing, geographic dispersion of units, multiple fuel types, etc.
- Provide a safe working environment by establishing the proper infrastructure (processes, procedures, training, accountabilities, records, etc.) to ensure that personnel and plant safety are managed effectively and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Ensure unit reliability in order to deliver production and ancillary services to customers. Ensure customer interfaces are managed effectively.
- Accountable for plant financial performance. Establish and manage O & M and capital budgets to ensure effective and efficient utilization of available resources to optimize costs. Manage inventory and contracts to minimize overall costs.
- Ensure a trained, qualified and engaged workforce. Provide opportunities for employee development, recognition, communication and involvement. Ensure compliance with all applicable hiring, promotion, training and development practices. Comply with all labor agreements and AA/EEO policies.
- Maximize the value and profitability of plant assets. Ensure that plans and processes are in place to support long-term plant improvement and investment.
- Ensure all personnel understand the requirements of plant environmental permits and applicable regulations. Establish the infrastructure to ensure compliance with all commitments and requirements.
- Represent Xcel Energy's interests in contacts and relationships with suppliers, contractors, industry/professional organizations, and the public while maintaining high ethical standards at all times. As appropriate, provide support for involvement of plant personnel in community programs and activities.
- Ensure linkage of Corporate, Energy Supply and plant objectives through use of the Management System and ES Operations and plant business plans. Establish action plans to ensure key performance indicators (KPI's), initiatives and other goals are achieved.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 10 years experience in power generation (or equivalent industry providing equivalent knowledge)
- 6 years leadership experience
- Demonstrated leadership capability and proven performance/results
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Primary Location: CO-Boulder
Other Locations: CO-Denver
Schedu le: Full-time
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NukeWorker.com - 16 months ago