Who We Are:|
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
1. Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
2. Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
3. Provides administration and supervision of the plant maintenance function as directed.
4. Arranges for maintenance of adequate level of supplies, materials and parts so that there will be no interruption in operations due to shortages.
5. Resolves technical problems encountered related to area of responsibility.
6. Provides and plans technical training.
7. Arranges for all equipment in area to be properly maintained and upgraded as needed.
8. Provides daily logs including daily scheduled and nonscheduled work sheets and equipment PMs.
9. Stays current in new technologies and applies them as applicable to the manufacturing process.
10. Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
11. Maintain positive relations with local bargaining unit ensuring a high level of productivity (if applicable).
12. Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
13. Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third
party interference, or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with
employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
14. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
15. While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 5 days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
16. Performs those administrative activities necessary for effective management, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
17. Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
18. Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
19. Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
20. Ability to work under general supervision.
Broad experience in the technical field usually acquired through working in equipment maintenance.
Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Job-related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: product specifications and technology of equipment and generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard machine shop, electrical shop, maintenance shop, chemical process, and tooling inspection techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors for facilities/buildings maintenance.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic, geometric, and algebraic calculations.
Relocation for this position is Available
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V