Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Advanced Aluminum Technology’s Verona, VA plant is an aluminum foundry and stamping plant. We have 92 employees and process aluminum ingot into slugs, allowing our customers to manufacture impact extruded aluminum cans (aerosol and beverage containers principally).
Primary Purpose of Position:
Manages the plant human resources function as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
· Provides administration and supervision of the plant human resources function as directed, including recruitment, selection, and placement of plant hourly, nonexempt and exempt positions and daily time and attendance systems, if appropriate, etc.
· Provides and maintains plant personnel policies and procedures in accordance with plant, group, and corporate.
· Administers wage, salary, and benefit programs in the plant in accordance with group and corporate policies.
· Ensures plant staffing needs are met by managing the succession planning, recruiting, selection, and placement of qualified candidates for plant positions.
· Ensures all pre-employment requirements, such as interviews, post offer physical examinations, drug tests, background checks, and reference checks are completed in a timely manner.
· Arranges and administers plant safety programs in order to maintain safe and healthful working conditions.
· Develops and monitors plant safety rules and regulations in accordance with plant, group, and corporate guidelines, and in compliance with governmental regulations and laws in occupational safety and health.
· Provides and maintains employment practices and procedures in accordance with plant, group, and corporate guidelines and in compliance with governmental regulations and laws in regard to fair employment practices, EEOC, ADA, Civil Rights Act, and Affirmative Action Plans.
· Oversees Workers Compensation investigations, information, and programs.
· Provides and maintains plant personnel functions and records including promotions, merit reviews, disciplinary actions, and implementation of policies and procedures.
· Provides and maintains effective new employee plant orientation programs, facilitates employee involvement, training and development, and quality tracking systems for all training throughout the plant.
· Identifies, develops, and implements human resource processes to ensure operational effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
· May provide and maintain contract negotiations and billing with local vendors for fire, safety, janitorial, food service and security.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 4 years’ experience as an HR manager required.
· Strong manufacturing experience, bilingual Spanish, and SPHR preferred.
· Working knowledge of the following areas: company manufacturing products, practices, nomenclature, procedures, and policies; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; employee relations, H.R. management, industrial relations, business practices, and H.R. legal practices.
· Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
· Ability to negotiate with contractors for facility services.
· Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
Applications will be accepted through March 14, 2013.
Relocation for this position is Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Ball Aerospace - 22 months ago