Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for glass canning jars. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colorado. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
The Horsham plant is located north of Philadelphia, just a few miles off the Pennsylvania turnpike. The plant employs 155 full-time employees, and manufacturers steel aerosol cans.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Manages the plant human resources function as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
· Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
· Provides administration and supervision of the plant human resources function as directed.
· Provides and maintains plant personnel policies and procedures in accordance with plant, group, and corporate guidelines.
· Administers wage, salary, and benefit programs in the plant in accordance with group and corporate policies.
· Ensures plant staffing needs are met by managing the succession planning, recruiting, selection and placement of candidates for plant positions.
· Ensures all pre-employment requirements such as interviews, physical examinations (post offer), drug tests, background checks, and reference checks are completed in a timely manner.
· Provides and maintains employment practices and procedures in accordance with plant, group, and corporate guidelines and in compliance with governmental regulations and laws in regard to fair employment practices, EEOC, ADA, Civil Rights Act, and Affirmative Action Plans.
· Oversees Workers Compensation investigations, information and programs.
· Coordinates training programs and tracks results.
· Provides and maintains plant personnel functions and records including promotions, merit reviews, disciplinary actions, and implementation of policies and procedures.
· Provides and maintains effective new employee plant orientation programs.
· Establishes and develops programs in all areas of employee relations in order to maintain a climate of trust and confidence.
· Administers the Collective Bargaining Agreement for hourly employees.
· Develops and monitors plant safety rules and regulations in accordance with plant, group, and corporate guidelines, and in compliance with governmental regulations and laws in occupational safety and health. Arranges and administers plant safety programs in order to maintain safe and healthful working conditions.
· Identifies, develops and implements human resource processes to ensure operational effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
· Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through college level education or work related experience.
· Job-related experience for 7 years minimum.
· Working knowledge of the following areas: employee relations, H.R. management, industrial relations, business practices, H.R. legal practices, generally accepted managerial practices and procedures. Labor Relations, particularly experience with a union workforce is a plus.
· Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant human resources techniques, procedures, and criteria.
· Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
· Ability to negotiate with contractors for facilities services.
· Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
· Ability to travel 5-10%.
Applications will be accepted through February 15, 2013.
Relocation for this position is Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.