Who We Are:
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
The Milwaukee Can Plant is a manufacturer of two-piece metal beverage and food containers, located on the Northwest side of Milwaukee. We are currently recruiting for the position of Plant Electrical Supervisor.
Our Plant Electrical Supervisor oversees a team of Electronic Technicians and is accountable for managing the overall electrical functions of the facility in an efficient, professional, and effective manner in order to support safe and quality plant operations.
· Providing administration and leadership for direct reports while ensuring effective performance of each team member.
· Managing the plant’s electrical systems and resolving technical problems encountered related to area of responsibility.
· Maintaining adequate level of supplies, materials and parts in the electrical shop to insure there are no interruptions in operations due to shortages.
· Planning maintenance of plant electrical systems and performing upgrades as needed.
· Staying current in new technologies and ensuring all electrical department team members are fully trained.
· Broad experience in the technical field usually acquired through college level education or work related experience.
· Job related experience 3 years minimum, strong Electrical/ET knowledge and experience.
· Prior experience working with and a thorough understanding of PLC based control systems, three phase motor control, variable speed drives and high speed vision inspection systems.
· Working Knowledge of: generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures; product specifications and technology of equipment.
· Able to read and understand blueprints.
· Able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner. Ability to work under general supervision.
· Ability to negotiate with vendors for supplies, materials, services and parts.
· Ability to operate and functionally use a computer and MS Office programs.
· Regular and predictable attendance – ability to work days, nights, and weekends.
Ball offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including: 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pension, Healthcare, Life Insurance, Vacation, and Holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.