Plant Maintenance Mechanic - Lift Stations
Posted date [Feb-28-2013]
Great job if you’re a skilled mechanic who has worked on machinery or control apparatus!
The Department of Water Management seeks a responsible person with a good work ethic and congenial personality to join our plant maintenance team that provides service to our various water treatment and reclamation facilities. This role is responsible for repairing equipment failures or malfunctions, isolating the cause, and overhaul as needed using specifications provided. Work assignments range from calibrations and minor adjustments of equipment at our 60 pump stations to repair and overhaul of equipment.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Vocational certification for maintenance mechanic or water collection systems preferred
· Valid Class "C" Driver's License; CDL preferred
· 3+ years in skilled mechanical maintenance including welding, rigging, fabrication, and equipment repair
· Ability to use acetylene and arc welding equipment
· Ability to rig equipment and materials for hoisting or moving
· Ability to work from sketches, blueprints, written and oral instructions
Will be required to rotate and serve “on-call” duty
We offer a great benefits package including 401(k), 457, retirement, flex spending accounts, & generous annual/holiday leave. Apply online ( referencing job # 1126 ) jobs ci.durham.nc.us or to Human Resources, 101 City Hall Plaza, Durham, NC 27701. Job open until filled.
EOE - Individuals selected for offers of employment must pass the City of Durham physical examination and drug/alcohol test. A driver’s license history check is conducted for those selected for interview. You must have the legal right to work in the US. The company will not sponsor any applicant to obtain documentation of that right to work.
MyWaterPlantJobs.com - 12 months ago