Manage manufacturing operations, with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship, production quality and timely supply of products to WECO branches and third party customers. Lead in compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies. Provide service and support to the Pro Markets sales force.
- Provide leadership, support and supervise employees, facilities and processes at the plant.
- Support and improve customer service for WECO and third party sales. Work productively and constructively with the WECO retail and distribution side of the business.
- Stress safety in the workplace and compliance with Company safety policies.
- Steward of an enjoyable work environment for employees.
- Foster growth and expansion of employee skills.
- Stress environmental stewardship and compliance with environmental regulations and good practice.
- Direct and manage quality control issues in purchasing, processing, packaging, transporting and warehousing.
- Manage inventories of both raw materials and finished products.
- Direct scheduling of production.
- Maintaining the integrity of all production equipment.
- Provide purchase forecasts to territory fertilizer managers.
- Communicate with Branch Manager on progress with activities of the facility and update him on issues concerning production, purchasing and supplies.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software (JDE, SAP).
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Good interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with all plant personnel.
- 3 to 5 years in manufacturing or operations supervisory role.
Compensation and Benefits:
- General understanding of agricultural practices.
- May require occasional overnight travel.
- Annual Salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- All applicable company benefits.
Wilbur-Ellis Company - 18 months ago