Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation’s Metal Food Container plant in Weirton, WV is considered a service center for flat sheet tinplate and employs165 associates. The plant supplies sanitary and aerosol ends, coated, and litho materials into many of our Ball Metal Food and Household can plants.
· Responsible for the overall safety performance of the plant by ensuring safety programs and procedures are followed, and ensures the plant is always operated with employee safety as the number one concern.
· Ensures plant is in compliance with all regulatory environmental requirements.
· Builds effective teams and creates an environment where leadership flourishes through development of direct reports, succession planning and maintaining accountabilities for performance.
· Directs plant operations for the manufacture of group products in accordance with process and product specifications and quality standards, complying with contractual and/or customer requirements and meeting financial objectives.
· Directs the plant level quality assurance functions.
· Directs the plant level production function.
· Directs the plant level manufacturing engineering function.
· Directs the plant level human resources and administration function.
· Provides, justifies, administers, and manages the plant operating budget.
· Ensures plant is in compliance with all legal requirements.
· Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
· Creates an environment where leadership flourishes.
· Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with the plant’s customer base through regularly scheduled visits.
· Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, or related field. 10 or more years of experience in plant management will be considered in lieu of education.
· 5 or more years of plant management experience is required.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
· Experience managing P&L is required.
· Strong communication skills; verbal and written. Must be able to effectively communicate with employees on the plant floor.
· Can End manufacturing experience is strongly preferred.
· Lean/Six Sigma experience is strongly preferred.
Travel: This position requires up to 25% travel.
Relocation for this position is Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Ball Aerospace - 17 months ago