About Sterling Regional MedCenter
Sterling Regional MedCenter is a 36-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County’s largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position provides basic to intermediate operator and mechanical skills in the proper operation and repair of all plant equipment. Also responsible for preventive maintenance and repair of plant and facilities equipment. Monitors and documents the proper performance of all equipment through routine equipment inspection utilizing the appropriate equipment instrumentation and computers.
- Operates and assists in the proper maintenance and repairs of power plant, facility utilities equipment and systems. Maintains and repairs steam/hot water boilers, centrifugal/reciprocating chillers, and cooling towers. Maintains all pumped systems including: chilled water, condensate water, domestic hot and cold water, heating hot water, condensate, sewage ejector, medical air, vacuum, mechanical air, and fuel oil. Performs and maintains plant water treatment programs.
- Assists in the operating of the emergency generator system, fire monitoring and control systems. Participates in energy management/conservation programs.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties on plant equipment and machinery.
- Maintains a detailed log on all required facility equipment, records all shift activity. Responds to assigned general maintenance calls and emergency calls as required. Assists as a member of the Fire Response Team.
- Cleans assigned work area and maintains tools, storage and assigned areas in an orderly manner; and assists in other areas of Facilities services as required.
- Drives company vehicles to transport equipment and contract maintenance personnel as assigned.
This position requires knowledge typically associate with a high school diploma or the equivalent, plus vocational or technical training.
Requires 1 year of experience as a Plant Mechanic and the ability to demonstrate basic to intermediate skills in the field of plant operations. Must have working knowledge of utility and infrastructure systems and components common to the healthcare environment. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with infrastructure and utility equipment. May require Universal Refrigerant handling certification, depending on the state. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Must have valid Arizona Drivers license. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with plant computer software programs.
A Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes and State and local building codes. Previous construction experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 30+ days ago