Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants located primarily in the Permian Basin, Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana regions.
Targa is currently seeking a Plant Operations Technician for their facility located in Sterling City, TX.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
Assist in maintenance activities related to plant maintenance, upkeep and operation.
- Learn and understand Targa’s Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management, and have a basic knowledge of the effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field operations.
- Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities.
- Learn and gain a good working knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Cryogenic Gas Plant operations, Engine & Compressor Operations and Gas & Liquid Measurement. There will be verbal review sessions to determine learning progress and assist in the individual’s development.
- General clean up of assigned work areas (compressor buildings, control room/office buildings, MCC, etc.).
- Actively participate in all safety meetings and safety functions. A Operator Tech I is responsible for his/her safety and of any person he/she may be working with.
- Must be able to perform functions as outline on Essential Job Duties for a Operator Tech I.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Complete plant operator training and become certified as a Plant Operator to begin 12 hour / 4 days on 4 days off shift rotation.
Capable of performing daily tasks unsupervised. Posses the ability to schedule, prioritize, organize work schedule, generate daily plant production reports and day to day operations of the facility.
Communicate daily with Gas Control for gas and liquid movements.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum of 1-3 year of work related experience
Solid verbal / written communication skills
Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
Able to lift, push and pull 75 lbs
Able to work in close quarters while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing or standing
Ability to work overtime to include weekends, holidays and to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective/needs
Self motivated – ability to work independently
Experience in maintenance and operations of gas compressors with engine drivers, expander/compressors, plant operations and associated equipment.
Experience with Plant control systems.
Please note – Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.
Targa Resources - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -