Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants located primarily in the Permian Basin, Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana regions.
Targa is currently seeking a Plant Operations Technician for their facility located in Lovington, NM.
Operation Technicians (outside) - work 7 days on / 7 days off - 6:00 pm till 6:00 am.
· Responsible for a safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the following processes
o NGL extraction via cryogenic turbo expander process
o 2 cycle and 4 cycle engines and compressors
o Gas and liquid treating via amine solution
o Iron sponge treating
o Sulfur Recovery Unit
o Pumps – centrifugal and positive displacement
o Utility generation – steam, cooling tower, cooling water, electrical generation, purchase power, etc.
· Perform routine startup and shutdown of individual equipment and processes
· Monitor process variables and conditions
· Adjust process variable and conditions using a GE PLC / Wonderware system
· Monitor usage of utilities, fuel, chemicals, lube oils, etc to prevent excessive consumption at current processing and production rates
· Monitor and recognize dangerous and or emergency conditions within the process and performs procedures necessary to remove the condition or shutdown the process / facility in order to protect personnel and equipment
· Recognize malfunctions in individual equipment and performs minor maintenance as necessary to correct problems
· Monitor levels of lubricants, fluids, chemicals, etc. and refills as necessary to prevent damage to equipment
· Write work orders using MAXIMO for routine and major maintenance that cannot be handled as part of normal operations
· Read, calculate, and / or estimate process flow rates, volumes, and prepare operational logs and reports i.e. PPR
· Participates in preparation of operating procedures and training of peers in safe and efficient operating practices
· Perform other work related duties as assigned
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Outside Operator would be subordinate to the process operator (responsible charge) on shift
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver license required.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand piping and instrumentation diagr
- Basic job related computer skills required, including Microsoft Office.
- 5 years experience operating mechanical equipment and processes listed under job duties
- Certification as an operator under process safety management
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers.html
Please note – Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.
Targa Resources - 17 months ago